Well, nothing like getting back into the groove of things with bad news…
Took Puss to the vet last week, his lymph notes were getting a little large again. They checked him out, took some blood and said that while his white count was down he may have caught a cold, or have allergies. But if that wasn’t it, there was another option: Rescue Therapy. Basically that means we start treatments all over – once a week. We just got down to once a month.
Well, today was his actual treatment day. The prognosis was not good. As I already noticed, his lymph notes are already bigger than they were last week. They suggested we start the “Rescue Therapy” next week.
I came home, slow tears running down my cheeks. I don’t want to make my dog go though anymore treatments and he may not even respond this time around. So, after much discussion with Michael, though it’s mainly my decision since he’s my dog, we’re going to keep going with the monthly treatments till he’s gone.
They’re giving my boy 2 months at the most. Something inside me says it won’t be that long.
My heart is breaking.